21 November, 2007

When in Rome

Ok people...I am back from Europe! I think it has taken me so long to update because there are too many things to write about and too many pictures. Just like journal writing or scrapbooking...great..you have so much then you never get to it. Therefore, I've decided to do just a little bit today and ill put up more pics later so here are a few from Rome which was our first stop...



The Fountain of Trevi. Im throwing in a coin to ensure my return to rome!




The gardens outside Saint Peters where amazing.


Yum



I loved seeing all the original paintings and sculptures

Don't you only see this stuff in your European History book? Wow

I had to play CIA agent taking this one. I put my camera on 'museum mode' and snapped this in the Sisteen chapel. "NO PHOTOS ALLOWED" It has always been my dream to go here since Mrs. Harrington's 5th grade class when we learned all about it. I bought a book and was reading every detail of each painting to Angela as she was kinda clunked out on my sholder at that time...jet lag had got the best of her. The rest of the trip when we needed a nap we said "Im taking a sisteen." :)

6 comments:

Kelsey said...

Love the pics! What are you drinking in that pic :) I love you! I want to play with you guys. And I wanna hear the rest of the story...I'm DYING here. Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

rest of what story? Heids are you holding out on me...Call me! It sounds like your trip was amazing.

Bullard Family said...

So much fun...looks so amazing. I heard you had a crazy airplane encounter??? YIKES.... only would happen to you Heids....seriously so funny. We need to disscuss. Love you I am coming home in two weeks we need to plan a get together.
Andrea

Unknown said...

Heids the pics are FABULOUS...and you look FABULOUS as usual...you look like a super model in the fountain pic! :) I need the full update from you...you keep me posted! Ud SABE!!!!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to hear more about your trip...So much fun!!! You look FABULOUS as usual- you are a super super supermodel in the fountain shot...Keep me posted prima...UD Sabe!

Love ya,

Breanne

Unknown said...

Hey Heids...sorry I sent 2 comments because I thought the first one didn't get through...whoops! I am still learning all this techy stuff:) Say hi to Aunt Nancy!