25 November, 2009

SKI DUBAI

I was SO SHOCKED at how good the skiing was at this largest indoor skiing place in the world.  The snow was AWESOME!  We had a blast.

It really is a good deal because your pass includes a rental of all of your gear.  

It was so fun to have Alana's brother Nate with ski with us.  They have this book kinda like the happenings book that has given us 1/2 off almost everything we have done.  It's been the best to come visit her family that know the ropes and have the hookups!


So crazy to just throw your coat on over your summer clothes and go hit the slopes when it's 85 degrees outside!
So Alana decides to learn how to ski in Dubai...not Utah where we have the greatest snow on earth!  Her first run was a little rough as she headed straight into the wall:)


But then she totally got the hang of it and was going down with ease!  It was so funny, I told her to think of the position like a yoga pose in order to get her feet apart and do the pie thing.  She said:
"This is great!  I finally got it when I related it to yoga!"


It actually felt really good in there.  I was like "this is like stepping into a freezer full of frozen foods"  I guess that is just what it is...I giant freezer...only you can ski in it!

They had a pretty good decend
I loved talking to one of the ski instructors from Russia.  He was adorable!  His name was Dennis like my dad!
Loving life skiing together!

Best hot chocolate ever!  It had whipped cream and M&M's on top.  
After this we went on some adventures in the desert.  It was quiet the day.   For now I wish you all a HAPPY THANKSVIGING!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow- that looks absolutely incredible. I am so glad and jealous you guys are there. Looks like a trip of a lifetime. I miss you guys. Btw- you guys look so cute!

Kelsey said...

awesome Heids! So glad you are having fun. When do you come home?