15 February, 2010

Day of Love

How did I spent my 'dia de amor'?  This is what they call St Valentine's day...day of LOVE.  Sorry to worry you Kels and Rose ...and also my parents I'm sure.  But they are in Russia, so they have no room to talk.  Well, we DID go out into the dangerous city of MEXICO CITY!    Don't worry, we took a cab from the airport and tried our best to be safe.  This city scares me a bit too..especially after the movie 'Man on Fire'.  A boyfriend snuck this movie in trying not to let me know it was Restricted (R)...and it will scare your pants off about this place!




Alot of Mexico city is just what you think it would be:  Smells just like you think it would.  No one is exaggerating on this...promise.  
Of COURSE there's random naked people driving around in VW bugs.

Of COURSE there's floor food displays on the street with random man banging the drum.

Of COURSE we stopped for some road side tacos.  Diarrhea anyone?  Por favor!
HOWEVER, there were some really great things we got to see.  Like this Cathedral in the center.  

Very pretty.  Lots of gold.
A Valentine's day dinner with our amigo Victor.  He was our driver.  Very nice, took good care of us.  This food was way good.  Can't beat fresh Mexican, straight from the source. 
We met these Chilean teenagers in the Mexican airport.  Chilean teenagers are the best because they don't have that attitude of 'too cool for school'.  They just do funny things and don't care about being cool.  They had been in Mexico for the summer doing like a service mission.  They were way funny and of COURSE we danced the Cueca with them in the airport (a chilean dance).  Good times. 


We finally got on the plane to head to Chile...safe and sound.  This is the thing that I wanted MOST out of Mexico city.  No robbing, no shooting...safe and sound to the airplane.
Ok, more updates later....I am loving life having a blast!!!

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

I'm glad you got to breathe in all that fresh air :) Glad you are not dead. I'm almost started bawling the second I stepped foot in the airport!!!! You are brave my friend.
Can we sched a too fat?

ROSIE said...

Glad you are safe Heids! You got Mama Rose all worried :) Can't wait for updates. Love you