11 February, 2010

Mother Russia

My parents left this week to RUSSIA!!!

They were called on a 3 year mission. No, they will not be in Russia the whole time. They will spend the next three years traveling the world, spending about 3 weeks in each country they go to.
My dad will be teaching Neonatal resuscitation training to the doctors and the nurses to the countries in need. My mom helps get the seminars set up, get the medical supplies into the country, give out tests, organize things, etc. My dad will do the teaching. Don't worry, he has a translator in each place:)

I was so excited when I found out they were going to Russia. With due reason I have quite the interest in the country of Russia. I love listening to the wild stories that some of my patients have from fighting the war in Russia, prison camps, etc.

We went to lunch at a doctor's office for work and he had just returned from Russia and serving as a mission president in the Ukraine. I quizzed him for 45 min about what it is like over there now, the people, the church, the new temple (in Kyiv). He said "The people are such good people. It is D&C 110 unfolding right before your very eyes" (the gathering of Israel). Very exciting.

I am so excited for them. Ironically, the day before they left, the church called them and asked my dad to go to Haiti when they get back from Russia. He will go for 2 weeks and will be on a ship off shore. They will bring people in need to see him on the boat. What a wonderful opportunity.
Thank you mom and dad for serving! You are an example to us all!

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

yo Den & Mo! That is so cool. You've loved Russians since you were little....remember your moms friend :) he he the picture
I'm so glad they are going to Haiti, so cool.

ROSIE said...

That is so awesome!! I can't wait until Bart is retired so we can serve the world too!
You better call me b/4 you leave ...

Anonymous said...

Wow- what a crazy and fun mission. I can't imaging only being in a country for 3 weeks and going somewhere new and doing that for 3 years!