11 March, 2010

UTAH CHILE PROJECT

Yes!  I did make it home just a few days before the big 8.8 earthquake hit Chile.  It was such a blessing to be with the people that I love and tell them how amazing they are, right before such a big tragedy.  

Many of the people that I love have sent me emails.  They are all alive but they also need our help.  This is a picture of Elaina.  We taught her at the beginning of my mission, threw her a wedding and she was baptised.  We went down South to visit her and it was amazing to find out her husband got baptized, they got sealed in the temple, they have 2 boys and she is Primary President!  She is the best.  

I was very worried about her because she lives just a 2 hours away from where the earthquake hit the strongest.  Her and her family have been accounted for so I am relieved at that.  

I know that Chile still needs our help!  My family has a non-profit organization called 'COLOR MY WORLD
please go to:  

http://www.colormyworldkids.org/Color_My_World/Chile_Project.html

You will read on the sight we are donating hygiene kits.  You can put a kit together yourself, with your family, church, work, etc and come drop them off at one of the drop off points.  You can also donate partial kits.  Just grab some tooth brushes or soap or whatever (there is a list on the site) on your next trip to the grocery store and help out the people that I love so much in CHILE!!

Thank you so much for your help.
This is a little preview of what the sight looks like (I couldn't fit it all on here).  On the sight it tells where some drop off points in Utah are and there are more specifics.  Let me know what you and your work, church, families may want to do to help to get the hygiene kits going. I'm sure we can all get ideas from each other! 
Un monton de GRACIAS!   

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

so excited to help :) Thanks for doing this!!!! LOVE YOU

The Cundick Family said...

Hi Heidi, My friend told me about your blog. I admire the work you are doing for Chile :) I am also collecting Relief Kits and have a blog www.helpmissionariesinchile.blogspot.com. My brother is currently serving an LDS mission in Concepcion, Chile. Since the earthquake and tsunami I have felt absolutely helpless so my sisters and I started collecting supplies and making Relief Kits for the missionaries in Chile. Many missionaries have lost everything except the clothes on their backs, some don’t even have shoes :( and as you know supplies are very slow getting into some of the harder hit areas. I have about 100 kits ready to go but shipping them is very very expensive and I haven't been able to come up with any good options. How are you shipping into Chile and are you having the same issues? I would like Relief Kits to go to the missionaries that are struggling first but after that I want them to go to the people in Chile. Should I donate them to you or can we maybe work together? Ahhhhh, sorry if I am rambling it has just been so frustrating and I just want to help. I have spent days and days on the phone, computer, and writing letters looking for help but I have gotten nowhere  Any insight you can offer would be greatly appreciated. I am glad I found your blog and that others want to help too. The news hasn't been covering how awful things are in parts of Chile and that the earthquakes are continuing daily, Chileans really need our help too. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Renee Cundick
rrcundick@comcast.net