01 April, 2010

Me & Michael


All that I can say is that  I LOVE MICHAEL BUBLE!!!

It's destiny I promise.  About 3 years ago I gypsied down to scalp some tickets to his concert here in Salt Lake with my date.  He liked him and I hardly knew his music but figured it would be a good time.
Concert #1:  Scalped 2nd row tickets for $50 (no one really knew who he was).  He ran through the crowd high fiving everyone (this year he barely could walk through the pit without being mobbed and knocked over).  When he came to me I held out my arms like I wanted a big hug.  He smiled, hugged me ....KISSED ME ON THE CHEEK and said "I like you.  You are sweet."  I've been smitten ever since.  
Concert #2:  I ordered tickets online to see him in NEW YORK CITY at Madison Square gardens.  Turns out the ticket guy was a scam artist so Madison square gardens felt bad for me I guess and GAVE us some tickets to see the show anyways.  As the usher walked us up to the VERY FRONT SECTION and sat us in like row 4, I could hardly breath.  Literally.  I was seeing stars.  I looked online at those tickets and they were in the $1,000 range.  
 This is what the crowd looked like that we were rollin with that night!  Except even more decked out!  You don't get the freaks and the weird crazy died haired fans up close at Michael's concerts.  No, you get the classy rich folk.  It's the greatest entertainment to look around and check them all out!

Concert #3:  Conversation a few months back:
Friend:  I got my Michael Buble tickets!
Me:  What?  Blasted!  I don't have any :(
Him:  Oh don't worry.  You'll get tickets like that day, front row, the works.
Me:  I'll have to use my princess powers (Ximena in Chile called them witchcraft)  he he

Well, it WORKED!  I princessed right into these tickets and got to see my FAVORITE performer with my best friend Beccs!  We hadn't a clue they would be such sweet seats right by the stage.  
I was a TRUE teen-age heart throb on Wednesday night.
I was hanging on to every word, singing, dancing....
heart was racing, sweating,  snapping 800 photos, squeezing Beccs the whole time...
LOVING  the new song that he sang.....I just ate all it right up.  
Let's talk about a few HIGHLIGHTS OF THE CONCERT:  


On my 8th birthday my dad surprised me with a limo to ride to the Haunted old woods in. Of course a HIGHLIGHT was watching Michael Jackson's THRILLER music video while drinking sparkling cider (high rolling for a bunch of 8 year olds!).
The rest of my childhood was filled with singing, dancing, and crying....yes crying to Michael Jackson's dance videos with Rosie and Teniel. Doing our own version of Michael and Janet's 'Scream' music video with Kelsey and finding my Michael soul mate in Hawaii...Melody...where we would throw daily dance parties at the 'quiet house' while living on the North Shore.

Well, my world's collided last night when my FAVORITE MICHAEL BUBLE explained that he always watched MICHAEL JACKSON as a kid and wanted to be like him. Michael was Michael last night!  Please watch this video. I was dying loving life!!


He also explained how he watched "Ferris Buellers day off"  hundreds of times and he LOVED  the city scene where all of Chicago dances.  You know the one....
He said it inspired him to be a performer and get everybody up and dancing and singing.  He then sang "Twist and Shout" and drop kicked some big beach balls around the crowd.  It was the best!  
I can't get this video to pull up but it is of him singing "HOME".  You know those songs that you hear and it puts you back in time where this song became special to you.  I shared this song with a close friend and an airplane ride.  When I hear it play I can almost smell the scent of the plane, see the ipod going on repeat mode of "Home:  Michael Buble" with an earphone in each of our ears, touch the fabric of the airplane seats and feel the sad but comfort that was found in the words of this song.  Music can have such an amazing effect on us.

I made a new memory of this song last night that made a big impression on me.  While he was singing this song (some of the words are "I just want to go home.  Let me go home."  I glanced up at the screen and he had put up a picture of people WALKING TO THE TEMPLE!   I thought this was so classy of him.  So many concerts come to Salt Lake and LOVE to make fun of the 'Mormons' or our culture or whatever.  He just embraced it and knows that his is home to us.  He is a CLASS ACT!  

Anyways we had a blast.  He sang a new song called "Best of me" that is to die for.  Of course I was LOVING 'Everyting' 'Crazy Love' and mine and Beccs nominated theme song for the year 
 
"Just haven't met you yet"

We were singing and dancing and loving the night.  Thanks Michael for the amazing show once again!  

4 comments:

ROSIE said...

So fun! I wish I had your princess powers :) Can't believe he did MJ - so tight!!! Can't wait to see you next week at lunch!

Kelsey said...

oh heids! I thought you were going to post our video :) he he
That concert looked fun! You know we will go .....in Hawaii...or Arizona.
Love you long time nooner magooner

Unknown said...

AHHHHHH I'm DYING! I LOVE him too! Next time you need to help me and use your princess powers to get me some tickets! I totally didn't even know he was coming until that day! I tried to get tickets, but of course they were sold out! Anywho...LOVING this post :)!!!!!!! MUAH xoxoxo!

Matt and Melody Odell said...

I was thinking about you the whole time I went to DWTS, you know you would have totally been first choice and you know I am your Michael Jackson soul mate. It sounds like you had so much fun, posts like this make it so unbearable to not live close to you.