23 January, 2011

The Hate/ Heebes list

I was talking to a doctor friend the other day and this came out

"I hate nurses."

Whoa...HATE? Hate is a pretty strong word.

He goes on to explain he just doesn't like when they try to argue with him on final decisions. If someone gets sued in the end they go after the doctor, not the Nurse, PA, Nurse Practitioner, etc. The doctor should make the final decisions because of various reasons but also because in the end they are ultimately liable.

Understandable.

It made me thing about the word hate. I remembered an instance on my mission when we were laughing about things we hated as we walked through the streets on a rainy down poor day with no one to teach in sight. "I hate when it rains all day on you and no one let's you in for 10 hours." "I hate when your feet and hair have been wet for 10 hours and you know you'll get sick from it." Just saying it out loud got us laughing about it. The next time we were on the micro (jammed packed crammed bus with no room to breath), we made an "I hate list". I prefer to say a Heebes list (basically anything that gives you the heebie jeebies). I decided I don't love the word hate. Too harsh. Plus if you can get it out there and laugh about it, it becomes something not worth hating but a way to get a good laugh and appreciate all the good. Feel free to relate and add to it.

"Things we hate"

1. Bad service (Hair in your food or other weird things, slowest servers ever, empty drinks for ten years)
2. When a good meal or dessert is over

3. Awkward door scenes
4. Unpacking
5. The feeling after being on a plane (greasy)
6. Sick people coughing or sneezing on you (or your baby for that matter)
7. TRAFFIC
8 Fighting sleep!
9. Throwing up
10. Eating out too many times in a row.
11. Waking up 10 min before your alarm goes off and you are SO TIRED! You think it's 3 am. Nope, time to get up.
12. Cramps
13. Guys talking about other girls forever in front of you "Man she's so hot!" Good one.
14. Weird stomach problems
15. Computer problems at 3 am when a paper is due. You realize it's lost and you have to write it again.
16. Being pale white
17. Smooshy bad apples when you are so hungry and excited to eat it
18. Public bathrooms with out toilet paper and no flushing. Aka Dubai bathroom where Alana just stood there out side saying "Stressed!" (see above)
19. Throwing something away because you'll "never need it again" and then you do the next day
20. Guys trying to prove how cool they are (aren't)
21. Pimples on important days

22. The never ending date (Now we're going bowling, now a movie, now sledding, how about dessert?)
23. Tacky people. "Wow, you've gotten so much fatter since you've been here" (Chile or other South American countries). People here can have their share too. "Why aren't you married? Are you ever going to get married?" I feel like saying "Why aren't you out of debt yet? Are you ever going to loose that weight?" Totally joking...kinda :)
24. Ordering at a restaurant and the other persons meal is way better than yours.
25. Being cold and body wet. Freezing wind.
26. Being bloated
27. People who talk about how skinny/fat they are. "I'm just so skinny!" Good one. Unless it's a joke. "Too fat" Always acceptable.
28. Getting your hopes up.
29. Getting no sleep.
30. Going too long without seeing or talking to your best friends!! :)

I hope this doesn't come across as a downer. I think it is liberating to recognize and laugh at all the heeeebes things in life. I will follow up this post with an "I love list" but for now feel free to embrace the bad to know and love the good!!

7 comments:

Kelsey said...

HEEBS! You know any post with that word makes me smile :)
I hate the word HATE. Ha! Seriously, we don't say that in my house. I love this post. Awesome. I am dying at the longest date ever, so funny! People are so tacky.
I sure love ya!

Kelsey said...

ps. I "hate" that server at Iggs :)
ha ha

MediocreMama said...

I hate when you eat dinner with someone/another couple then afterwards everyone leaves in their own car and you pull up right next to them at a long red light (this happened last night). Do you look, do you wave, do you pretend they're not there, do you pull up just a little behind so you're not totally lined up...

HATE IT.

Breanne Simpson said...

Loved it! Fav was number 23!!! Lol! ESP that last part! Also loved the hate being bloated! Feeling that right now! Smooshy apples...not getting into a door for ten hours in the rain...but remember hot rods mom gave us that jam that we downed! Lol! Loved that day!!! Roasting marshmallows on the estufa! Can't wait for the other list!

Vicki with an "i" said...

Your doctor friend sounds like a real jerk. Good thing he's a doctor or I imgaine he wouldn't have an friends at all. :)
I hate doctors that don't listen to nurses. Even though nurses spend all day with the patient and the doctor spends five minutes. Good one MD. Luckily I've only known a handful of those kind.

What about frozen air conditioning inside when it's not even hot outisde? FROZEN ALASKA!!!

Heidi Ann said...

Oh boy Trace I knew this would get a rise out of you. For the record...I LOVE nurses. You and all the ones I work with. My friend said this on a whim...probably had a bad argument that day :)

Holly-I HATE that! I always wave all excited but then it's all awkward after because then what do you do? Roll down the window and try to talk when you already talked about every thing at dinner? ha ha

Breanne-Oh you know 23 is good time. You are my favorite. I had to give credit where credit is due. You came up with most of this list with me whether you remember it or not! I didn't put on $100 a plate or cheap boys not letting you buy Dreyers episodes :) I'll get the next list up asap with Hot Rod's jam and all!!

Kels-What color you want? What color? I'll send you that asap. Loved nooner with you and SO glad we didn't get that heeeebster again. Sledding? ha ha ha Good one. Want me to act like the dog again?

Angela said...

#1 and # 23 killing me-