23 March, 2011

Relaxing and intense

That is how this past weekend was. Relaxing and intense. Rosie and I headed to Las Vegas to just chill and I certified to teach Zumba. I have been teaching kickboxing for 5 years and while recently feeling slightly bored with it, I took my first Zumba class. I realize that I am one of the last to try Zumba. I sometimes have this thing of NOT jumping on band wagons. I didn't read Twilight or Harry Potter and never saw The Lord of the Rings. I dunno. However, I am now gladly jumping on the Zumba train. It's so fun! When we left our first class I told Becca "I am going to teach that!"

Friday was intensely filled with Zumba training for 10 hours. I learned all about Salsa, Merengue, Cumbia and Reggaeton styles of dancing. I got a little Latin hip swaying in me from living in Chile HOWEVER I can't move my hips quiet as easily and naturally as those Latins. It's a work in progress. I will start teaching Thursdays at Gold's Gym and I'll keep you posted about other classes coming soon...
Rosie and I hit up the pool/hot tub, shopped, ate and cozed up. She is pregnant and we would laugh because I think people thought we were a real couple. Oh you know we are!
After the long Zumba day we hit up Benihanas for dinner at our hotel. Nice and convenient.
The next day was filled with Caesar's Palace of course.

The new H&M shop there was excellent. 3 floors of great clothes and a kids section. Rosie got her girls darling Easter dresses there. This store replaced FAO Shwarz. This BIG piano is missed of course!
Cheesecake factory is always a must. We don't mind that we have one in Utah now. It's a tradish!
We got to meet Dick Butkus. You older people or sports fans will be excited. All Rosie and I could think of was that is a pretty bad name to have. Yikes.
The Belagio is always a must there for me. I find it a place of serenity amongst all of the chaos.

Great fun and rejuvenating trip. Thanks Rose for all the talk time and the mini eggs.

7 comments:

ROSIE said...

You know it Heids! The pics look ok, sorta! Loved the talk time and especially the minis. You forgot to mention all the sleeping, dope! Love you :)

Kelsey said...

so fun! You guys make a great couple :) That trip sounds legit. Can't wait to come to zumba!!!
PS. Dick Butkus is a legend!

Phil and Jill Porter said...

Yea! So fun! Glad you guys had a great time. Heids you know I'm coming to your zumba!

alana said...

haha - yeah, that's a pretty bad name!!! Glad you had fun in Vegas, and you go girl,for certifying in zumba! Don't know how you balance it all - inspiring indeed!

Bullard Family said...

I am totally coming to one of your Zumba classes when I come to Utah!!! You would be the best teacher ever! That is a awful name!! haha

Miche said...

Oh my gosh how fun!! I am so glad you love Zumba. Tell me that you went to "camilo's" class in Murray on a monday night?! Sooooo fun! The other day I went to the gym for a mini trampoline workout class (ya- don't ask. at least it's a step up from the head stand class). And they were having a "baile azul". They put blue balloons all over and did a fun zumba dance class. I was in heaven!! :) Soooo fun! Too bad I don't shake it like the brazi's but it's cool, I had a blast. You will be the cutest teacher ever!! Can't wait.
Beijos.

MediocreMama said...

You were at LVAC! Which location? I'm a faithful LVAC fan but go to the W. Flamingo location. Good for you on certifying; I've never tried Zumba either. Maybe I will now.