09 September, 2009

It's that time again!

FALL!!!  I LOVE fall!  It always means a new beginning for me.  Probably stemming from the fact that 'school days' are back in place in one form or another for most people.  For me, (along with January) it means its GOAL SETTING TIME!  
Starting Sept 1st I made only two specific goals in order to keep FOCUS and not feel OVERWHELMED  and give up like so many of us do.  

So yes...It's YOGA TIME AGAIN!!
I Can't believe it has been  A WHOLE YEAR since Trace and I did the "30 day challenge at bikram yoga."  Going everyday for a month (not sun) to the 110 degree room with 40% humidity for a 1 1/2 hour yoga class that kicks your booty!  So this year Trace, Alana and I decided we would do yoga 4 TIMES A WEEK!   It still really is alot but at least you get cut a little slack if you miss one day.  Well, since Sept 1st was on a tues, I realized by sat that I hadn't gotten enough classes in that week so Alana and I decided to do a double yoga class on saturday in order to stick with our goal.  Good one!  We went to TWO CLASSES in a row on saturday!  We felt like we were going to PASS OUT!

We were so exhausted afterwards but while you are in that hot sweaty room, you realize that YOGA has alot of parallels to life.  You have to push through it, not quit, sometimes you are loving it and enjoying it, sometimes you want to die and give up.  The more you push and improve in there, the more you push and improve in life.  Ha!  Wow, do I now sound like a yoga junkie or what?  "FALL BACK, WAY BACK GO BACK.  YOU ARE A JAPANESE HAM SANDWICH" ;)

Anyways the 2nd goal for the next two months is to READ and STUDY my 
scriptures for at least a 1/2 HOUR  a day!  Ok ok, I do have to admit that I changed that to 1/2 hour 4 times a week like yoga.  The reason being that alot of times I go to institute, fireside, church etc and ....well, I guess to just cut me some slack so if I miss a day I won't be totally out.
This has been SO good and really has already helped me to reconnect and feel the influence of the spirit more apparent in my life. 
I do have some other various goals such as MAKING MY BED in the morning.  I do realize most of you have never seen my room look this clean.  Well, I almost posted the BEFORE picture but even I was a little too embarrassed!  Anyways the other goals are like going to institute, temple, not eating out, writing thank you cards etc etc.  You know.  I just give myself a point when I do them. That way if I miss, it's not the end of the world.  I really like this way of doing goals so that you stay with it and don't just give up if you miss a day.  

Anyways, among the goals is to improve my BUSINESS.  One thing is to advertise which I have not done much of for playing at weddings, special occasions etc.  So I am doing a BRIDAL SHOW   THIS SATURDAY AT THE SOUTHTOWN EXPO CENTER.  It should be really fun.  I am having some of my students come and play with me so they can help with the music while I am talking to people.  
ROSIE is AMAZING and put together this BROCHURE for me

Thank you Rosie!!  I love it!  She is so talented!  We are going friday night to set everything up and then going to dinner and to get a COUPLE'S MASSAGE!!   
(the least I can offer after all that she helps me with!)
What a hot date Rose!!

Hears to goals!!

6 comments:

Elizabeth Checchio said...

I love that you set goals at the begining of the school year instead of everyone else at New Years....very inspiring. I love the flyer that Rosie did for you. It looks great, and you look beautiful in it. Love ya!

Kelsey said...

wowsers Heidsa! Good for you :)
I"m so excited for your bridal show. It will rock! Can't wait to hear about your hot date!
I HAVE YOUR SHOES WHERE ARE YOU?

Stacy said...

Good job, Heids. You're always so goal minded. I should join you in reading my scriptures for 1/2 hour a day. Whenever I do that, I'm loving life!!!

Vicki with an "i" said...

Find comfort within the discomfort! Story of my discomforting life. Oh, and you have NO knee!

Alana said...

Love it! This time of year get's me thinking of goals too. We will hold each other accountable :). I sent you that email too - I think you'll like it! Good job Heids - love you! Now if I could just get my room that sparkling clean...

Hillary said...

Way to go girlfriend- and man I can't believe your room is so clean, Alana must have moved in!