07 October, 2009

Is Miley Cyrus even cute?

This is what I asked myself when 2 different people at church came up to me and said,

"You look like Miley Cyrus" and "Wow, I was sitting there thinking that you really look like Miley Cyrus. Don't worry, it's a good thing.  

Is it?

Wait a minute, isn't she like 16?  Good one!  ha ha...I'll take it then I guess.  I'm obviously not too into celebrity gossip.  When I went to California with my girlfriends a year ago they were all singing that "She's just being Miley" song and I was all sorts of confused?  :)


When I was BLONDE, I used to get that I looked like Carrie Underwood  or Reese Witherspoon.   

On my mission, I got a brand new companion who is a best friend today..Breanne!   When you first get to Chile, sometimes it's hard to concentrate because it's all in Spanish and let's be honest, you are not understanding much.  While we were teaching a discussion to a lady, all of the sudden 

she blurts out "Reese"  and starts laughing repeating "Reese".  I just kept blabbing in Spanish trying not to laugh.  When we left the house I asked her what that was all about and she said:



"I can't wait to write home and tell my family that my new comp is REESE WITHERSPOON! "

We laughed and accounted it to the big purple scarf  that I was wearing that day and my  blonde hair!



Well, I had a similar experience today.  While I was visiting a patient this afternoon, we were talking of his life and travels etc.  I sang him a song that related to what we were talking about and right when I was done he blurts out:

"MONA LISA"  

"That's it!  You look like Mona Lisa!"  




Ha!  I was dying and just smiling at him.  I love my job.  Good one.  So now I went from Reese to Mona lisa?  :)  Let's see, she's a world wonder and a work of art...I'll take it!  

Anyways, it was just an amusing day and reminded me of fun mission memories and new ones being created from going BLONDE to BRUNETTE.  











Us girls in California 2008, when I didn't know the Miley song that everyone seemed to be so fond of! 


Now tell me, who have people thought that YOU look like?  Come on people fess up!  

9 comments:

ROSIE said...

Too funny! You look like Heids and you are perfect just they way you are!
Love,
the Pumpkin Bandit

Stacy said...

You guys looked like DRUNKIN pumpkin bandits the other night. Kelsey & I were peeing. You must have been holding 6 pumpkins at once (arms of steel).
There was time when people told me I looked like Ashley Judd ALL THE TIME...but I haven't heard it in years.

Anonymous said...

You don't look like Mylie. I still think you look like Reese though. I like you with brown hair- it's a fun change.

gbettinson said...

Mona Lisa?? OH MY HEEBS A!!!!!
Good one, a guy said I looked like Helen Hunt?! It might've been the same guy that called you Mona.
Stace, you do look like Ashley Judd.
You cackling pumpkin bandits!!! Anyone missing around 300 pumpkins :)

gbettinson said...

I am peeing! I'm at my parents ha ha
Big GREGO!!!

Matt and Melody Odell said...

I love your posts lately! Only you would be mistaken for the most beautiful stars. So are you on a gluten-free diet? If so you know I am totally your gf girl. miss you!

missy d said...

That is hilarious! I would take all those over what I've been told... Brewer and Jigga say I look like Francine. Francine is a cartoon character (an ant eater I think) who is best friends with Arthur. You know that children's series of books and TV shows??? And then our waitress at Soup or Salad thought the same thing.... so random!

Breanne Simpson said...

HAHAHA! Love it! Yeah- Mona Lisa is a no go...but I loved the comment- "she's famous and a work of art...i'll take it!" LOL! Laughing my head off right now...def Reese...Miley isn't as spunky as you! I don't know who I look like- you told me once on the mish but I had never seen that movie...you'll have to remind me again:)

Karlee Christiansen said...

No you do not look like Miley. At all. Her gums are wacked out, yours are good. You look like Jen Aniston. And I do too.