19 October, 2009

We just booked...

our tickets to DUBAI!!  
Tight!  Alana and I are so excited to go to Dubai!

So did any of you see The Amazing Race last night?  They went to DUBAI.  It was way fun to see lots of things there.  So I have had alot of questions from people as the WHERE Dubai is.  So here's a little map.


It's #5&#6 on the map (in green).  So as you can see it is in the Middle East!  (or you can call in Saudi Arabia like my sister-in-law).  I asked her to help me with booking some tickets and she texted me very early one morning saying "Hey let me know the dates for Saudi."  I was laughing so hard.  Apparently she is very nervous for us to go.  She says we are going to have to "veil up" to be safe there.  :)  Good times.  Don't worry everyone Dubai is supposed to be quite safe.  




Her dad gave us a little talking to saying that we cannot dress like this over there (no tight jeans) and to respect the culture. Hhhmmm...I will have to pull out some of my old mission dresses. Tight! Comfortable and stylish :)

So you may be asking WHY are we going to Dubai?  
Well, Alana's brother and family actually live there.  He works for Ford and they have lived there with 2 kids for the past 3 years.  

Alana's parents are giving the trip to her for Christmas...and she invited me!  Luckily we have a free place to stay so I don't have to totally break the bank.   







So YES!  We will definitely be doing a little INDOOR SKIING 











...and a little CAMEL RIDING!!




But the rest we will just have to wait and see!!



7 comments:

Kelsey said...

you'll have to talk to my friends that live there. They love it.....and dress normal. Remind me to give u her email Friday. or go to her blog
www.runningmommy04.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

You guys are crazy! That will be so much fun.

The Crew said...

You guys are so cute, and I am totally jealous. It is going to be amazing :)

ROSIE said...

BTW "The Crew" is me

Breanne Simpson said...

That's awesome! Can't wait to hear how it is!!! So fun!

Alana said...

WE WILL HAVE THE BEST TIME! I'm so excited - and thankful you can come!!! Really can't wait....

Elizabeth Checchio said...

That sounds fantastic! I am so jealous. Kristin Hales' man is from Dubai. I wish I could still jet-set around the world.