16 December, 2009

A little redecorating

So as of Dec 1, Alana has officially moved in.  With her being an interior designer, I have taken advantage of her talent and we have done some redecorating!  
I was way sick of the yellow color on the walls that I originally did to match the harps.  It was good for 3+ years, but now we decided to do a little grey action. We showed the sample color to a few visitors and pretty much everyone said the same thing, "That is way too dark." 
Good thing we went with our own instincts because we LOVE IT now that it's all up and on the walls!  

PLEASE BLESS that my sister-in-law helps me make this little number to go over the table.  I found it at Anthropologie for $398.00. GOOD ONE!  Ya right.  I thought "Heck, I could MAKE that" ....well, with her help that is.  She is a perfectionist at home decor and can copy any idea and make it look even better.  Cross your fingers....

Not too many big changes in the kitchen area.
EXCEPT, this amazing picture that my mom painted!  She painted it and gave it to Alana for her college graduation.  She sure is talented isn't she?  :)
And so is Alana!  This is her hanging up some of her own art work that she painted.
Loving the TV room 
She brought these cool chairs to go in front of the curtains....
That I made!  Yep, I'm a little proud of myself since i haven't sewn since the bugs bunny blanket that I made in Jr high (you MAY know the one I'm talking about)
I splurged a bit on the front room curtains since the other ones were budget style (thanks Cathie for the encouragement and the help!)
These mirrors are from my cute GRANDMA!  I love having a little of her inside my place.  When I got them they were teal colored with pink flowers.  I spray painted them black and now love them to death.  When I told Lane they were my grandma's she said "Cool, that's like REAL vintage."
A few things I picked up in Dubai.  I found the dish at an antique market then the picture that randomly happened match the dish in a Vietnam shop.
It's so fun to have a fresh new look once in a while.  Thanks to Lane, Cathie, and a few others who helped contribute :)

6 comments:

Angela said...

Love, Love, Love the makeover- now you two come and do my house

Kelsey said...

Heids, it looks sooooo good! You best be sending Lane over here asap. Can't wait to see it. Meef!!!

ROSIE said...

Where is your photo wall? Everything looks so great. I need to come over asap to check it out
!

Heidi Ann said...

Oh boy, I'm having major issues with the photo wall. Tell you all about it later. I just had to get something up but don't worry, I haven't given up on it yet!

Dennis and Nancy said...

I love the pics of your condo. How cute to include the pic I painted. The holidate!! Yep, lots of fun times. Love you!!

Dennis and Nancy said...

Love your condo and the pics from the holidate. Fun times!! Love you!!