07 December, 2009

"When I'm 64"

Remember that Beatles song "When I get older, loosin' my hair....la la la....When I'm 64" ?
I always think of old people in retirement homes when I think of that song.  Probably due to the movie "Happy Gilmore".  You know the part at the retirement home..I think that's the show. Am I right?  
Well, my dad turns 64 today.  What?  I feel like my dad is not old at all!!  He is active, adventurous and still young in mind and heart!
This is us yesterday for a little birthday dinner.  My dad delivered my cousin Joel when he was born.  He is in the Air Force and leaves for Afghanistan just after Christmas.  We love him!
We have a family tradition to tell the person whose birthday it is something that they like about them or a fun story.  The reoccurring theme for my dad was that he is patient, kind, giving, charitable, and dedicated.  All of us said we have hardly never, if ever, seen him mad.  How would you like that said about you after 64 years?  A goal we could always strive for!  
Every year I decorate the mantle and tree for my mom.  This year we had Alana's expertise in the mix.  We had so much fun decorating!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD...YOUR THE BEST!!

1 comment:

Katie Webb said...

Your dad is the best! I miss him so much I can't even stand it. I'm just a few weeks away from delivering it makes me so sad that I don't have him. He has that x factor and always makes you feel so good.