02 February, 2010

Blizzard City!

This post is a little overdue but hey.  So, below are my girls that I cheered with up at USU.  We were all brand new to the cheer squad as freshmen and we were pretty much inseparable.  As a result we called ourselves
THE FEARSOME FOURSOME!  

We were supposed to get together last weekend for a little sleepover/cheer reunion.  We were going up to Linsey's who lives in Logan.  We were all SO EXCITED!  Here's the catch.  I'm sure some of you have experienced Sardine Canyon on the way up to Logan.  Well, we experienced it that night.  

This is what my windshield looked like as I was driving.  Goood one!  Alana felt early on that we should turn around.  I was pulling a little 'It's fine' action at first.  The second Andrea said "Yea, I really think we should turn around too", I started flipping a U-turn.  She had her brand new baby girl in the back with us.  Gulp.  
We spent the rest of the time driving home talking about listening to your gut and listening to the Spirit and how sometimes you never know what might have happened.  Better safe than sorry, that's for sure!
The next night Beccs and I went up to Sundance.  We were lucky enough to get into the VIP lounge at the snowboarding half pipe event and got free dinner.  It was awesome and so fun to be covered in a heated tent with food while it was a down pour of snow outside.  

It was fun seeing this outdoor concert after of 30 minutes to mars.  We both hopped on people's shoulders for the full effect since we couldn't even see the stage.  


It was a blast until we had to drive home and THIS IS WHAT IT LOOKED LIKE!  But worse.  I was like "Did I not learn anything yesterday?"  AAAHHH!!!  There were cars sliding off the road everywhere, blizzard city, so scary.  

Don't you just LOVE driving in a blizzard?  Oh boy.  So here's to driving in a blizzard for 8 hours last weekend (literally!)  So glad we made it home safe!

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

80 accidents? Wow! I hope they weren't serious.