21 April, 2010

Chile update

Thank you so much everybody for helping out my beloved land of CHILE through COLOR MY WORLD! We had so many people donate and were able to get hundreds of hygiene kits sent down to Chile. Thank you!!!
Thank you to many of the staff at the UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL for your donations. Trace is a nurse there and they got together 60 kits to send down. We had a little party a month ago to bring people together and donate. We even made a traditional Chilean treat. Completos..your favorite way to prepare a hot dog. 3 or 4 of us in this pic served our missions in Chile. Lots of work to put all the kits together...and yes, the shopping cart was in my condo for at least a week! :) The week I went to Hawaii my mom came to the rescue and help get all the kits finalized and her and my cute dad got them shipped off. Thanks parents! You're the best!


My friend Andrea and her husband's family put together a bunch of kits for a family service project. Thank you! Her daughter describing the earthquake in Chile to the other kids in the family "Ya the whole earth shook and their houses fell down and they don't even have any toys anymore." How sad:(
And last but not least..this is Rosie's daughter Eva. She said one morning "Mom, when are we going to make those kits for the people on the other planet?"
Thank you Angela and Hillary for starting COLOR MY WORLD and getting me all on track to head up this project. I love you two!
Thank you all for caring enough about Chile and helping them out. I know your efforts are greatly appreciated!

1 comment:

Kelsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.