24 June, 2010

Run like a GIRL!!

Hey there...get off of my WASATCH BACK!! Who would I have rather ran the Wasatch Back with than my mission companion VICKI TRACY!!!

So the Wasatch back is a relay race from Logan to Park City. 12 girls were on my team and 6 in each van. You each run 3 legs of the race and eventually get to Park City. It was a blast!

Yes people, this IS my blanket from 7th grade! You know I do the honors! It's the tightest thing ever! :)
Our team was called RUN LIKE A GIRL! And we did! Of course I drew these running stick figure ladies on the back. It was a dream!
There were some way funny decorated vans and people dressed up in costumes running. Great entertainment!
Here's my teammates before we started.
Ready. Set. GO!
"JUA JUAN. GENARO GENARO!" I was shouting out mission memories to Trace to get her all pumped up for her runs. It was the smartest plan ever!
This girl is so rad. You know she recently shaved her head and donated it to cancer.
We had BEAUTIFUL scenery to run in....and great cheerleaders! I loved this lady just sittin out watchin the runners go by :)
What do you do when you are not running? Chase after your runners and give them some H20 relief!
My first run was way hard. 12:00 pm in the blazing hot, 7.5 miles on a dirt road up hill. I felt like ROCKY...or GI Jane or something.
My teammates soaked in a local river while I ran. Smart!
I loved this girl. She's from Sweden and served her mission at temple square. She is awesome.
Doin the work!!
When we all completed our first legs the other van takes over and you have about 3 hours to chill. We jumped right into Pine View reservoir and laid out. It was a dream!
And then there are the night runs. Mine was about 10:30 at night and then we had one more runner and then got to go sleep for about 2 hours outside or in the van. When you wake up you are for sure thinking, "What was I thinking?"
3rd run was hot and hilly again. Dead tired!
But it was nothin compared to VT's run. She ran Mt. Everest that day. Last run 8 miles uphill. She did it like a champ. So proud of her!
So you KNOW we threw her a dance party! Run like a girl! Go T-bones! "Don't cha wish your girlfriend was HOT like me? " :)
Hand off, One, Two...
I ran past this van with "HUGHES CONSTRUCTION" on it. I yelled out while running "I'm a Hughes!" Later I found these guys and told them how tons of people ask me if I am part of the 'Hughes Construction'. Well, I am now!
And then there were the guys in speedos! oh yes they were. oh boy. I later found out that they are the UCLA men's running team. They got like 4th place. Good times!
Gotta throw in a little Bikram yoga for the day.
And some cheer moves! Go Aggies!
We finally got to the finish line!

Met up with Alana who also ran it with her work friends. Go team Mona Vie!


We loved the finish line crew awaiting us!


I will do the honors!

Of COURSE we went and played tennis for two hours after the race. Oh man...I was dead!

Stien Erikson's lodge makes a mean meal and the scenery can't be beat! Overall I loved this adventure of running, meeting new people, working hard, relaxing and doing something out of your comfort zone. Hope you all had a great Father's day!

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Wow Heids! I'm always impressed with your ambition for a good physical challenge. You're amazing. Great pics. I love the mid air toe touch:) You've still got it girl.

ROSIE said...

Oh Heids! Loving it. So sad I missed it :( GOOD GOOD JOB! Can't believe you played tennis after, WHAT?

Breanne Simpson said...

This was one of the funniest entries! but aren't they all! Loved the hughes construction company- I'm a hughes! LOL! HILARIOUS! love ya!