22 June, 2010

Happy 40th Birthday Brian

Happy birthday to my awesome brother Brian who has influenced my life in so many ways!

As my older brother, Brian:
1-Made me stay out for hours throwing a football until I could throw a spiral (to eventually impress the boys I guess)
2-Took my friends and I in our huge green van for ice cream..playing 'sharp turn' the whole way there and back!
3-Tickled me and tortured me growing up which eventually made me a tough girl in fighting back (not to mention buttercups which I thought we PEANUT butter cups every time...good one!)
4-Brought me on dates with him in high school and let me hang with all his 'cool' Skyline football buddies.
5-Gives his all in everything he does. Captain of the Skyline football team, AP on his mission in Japan, played football at Ricks and BYU...beating Notre Dame on their own field! Paid for his own college (scholarships and selling his baseball cards!), married in the temple to the most AMAZING girl and best friend of mine, got his MBA at BYU, has a challenging job as a the medical device sales manager over New England, has 4 awesome kids that I love, ran the Boston marathon and a 1/2 marathon with me in NH.....I could keep going!!
6-Got me on my mission- It all started with a walk at Newport beach. Angela and Brian commitment patterned me into getting my mission papers. The day I was to open my call Brian took me in a room and we talked for two hours about how this would be an amazing chapter in my life and when else can I give my all to the Lord? I was stoked after the talk and got my call to CHILE!! Loving life (I was at their house when I opened it...Christmas eve!)
7-Honors his priesthood- I always tell this story of how I was out to visit in NH and all the kids were throwing up all night. Every time one threw up, he would get up, put his shirt and tie on and give them a blessing. Noah said the next morning " I was so sick and then after dad's blessing, I didn't throw up one more time!"
8-Has bedtime scriptures in "the king". All the kids crawl in the king size bed for scripture time at night. Brian asks them questions about what they are reading. Love it!
9-Still calls and texts me funny things "So... how are you feeling today?" (hand on the hip)
10-Just today I talked to him and he says "Let me give you some brotherly advice...." I love his brotherly advice. He has always watched out for me as his little sis.

I'll stop at an even ten! Have a great birthday you old man!!!!!

5 comments:

Becca Burtenshaw said...

happy birthday, brian! heids, you're the luckiest! it's the best to have siblings that are also best friends!! what a blessing

Kelsey said...

Woah, Bri is 40?! You forgot that he would let us drink "weight gainer" when we were little and we thought it was a shake:)

Heidi Ann said...

I am so glad you chimed in a memory Kels! When i was writing this I thought "I know Kels will write in a memory that I didn't even think of" Thanks for pulling through! I forgot to add that he taught us all drivers ed in the living room! Or should I say flirting 101! So funny!
Also to Beccs.....I AM SO GLAD you are FINALLY commenting on my blog! It's only been 4 big fat years!!!!! Love you!

Angela said...

This is so sweet- I think I will print it off and save it for the old journal. We had a great day- hard to believe he is 40- and Kelsey....I have never heard that one....good one!

Of course, Brian loves you Heidi Ann.......you are the best...Let's finish the UD today...sorry so hectic at the game and 29 billion people surrounding us!

Stacy said...

I haven't looked at blogs in like 10 years! I am LOVING all your posts:) Cute Bri! There's gotta be nothing better than a rad older brother. That's right...rad.
Love you Heids!