04 September, 2010

Make lemonade

When life gives you a hurricane....make lemonade! That is what the saying says right? :) Since hurricane Earl and Gaston ruined our plans to visit the Virgin Islands, I told Brandon...I am on a plane Thursday no matter what! I hadn't seen him in what seemed like forever. We both had the week off so we were able to meet up at his parents home in sunny Florida!! Oh, another grand thing about the trip is that I had a 3 hour layover in ARIZONA. You KNOW Dooooogalie (SARAH) came and picked me up.
We hit up this cute little restaurant and had AMAZING bruschetta I loved seeing her and her cute little pregnant belly. Love you Sar!
Well, it was a sweet reunion with Brandon to say the least!
First thing is first. We met up with Nate and headed to the beach.

Scouting out the surf.
The good news for Florida was that the hurricane brought in some really HUGE waves usually unknown to Florida. Surfer's paradise this day.
We had a good time hangin on the beach...
Playing in the water...
Loving life...
Finding wildlife...
Collecting AMAZING sea shells that the hurricane brought in...
Brandon and I picked out a pile of seashells that we liked and set them aside.
Brandon: "Ok, pick out your favorite one's and put them over here on the opposite side."

He was busy watching the ocean while I picked out my favorites.

Brandon: "Um honey, I told you to pick out your FAVORITE shells to bring home. Not just to move the entire pile to the other side!"

Me: "Ooopsy daisies! I guess I just like them all!" And yep, we took them all home :)
After that we went home and just chilled out in his backyard.
Watched some Sandhill cranes.
Enjoyed the trees
Loved the lake
Kickin it FLORIDA STYLE
AAWWWHHHH....Just relaxin'

I can honestly say it was a perfect day!!

7 comments:

Dennis and Nancy said...

As your Mom always says: "Focus on solutions, not the problem." That's just what you did and went to "plan B" for a fun time in Florida. What great photos. Thanks for sharing the fun times together. Bring me a shell ok? Sure love you guys!!

Kelsey said...

Glad you are having fun! So jealous you gotta see Rexie Roo. Have the best time ever :) Love you!

Unknown said...

SO glad we got to hang out DOOOG!!! You are gorgeous and I love your guts! Have fun with your man. xoxo

Becca Burtenshaw said...

DEAD! lovin the pics and missin my best friend! i love you!

alana said...

Glad you had a sweet reunion! Missing you - love you!

Miche said...

yeah! looks like you had so much fun. :) I think I would seriously like Florida. I was dying at those sea shells! and if I know my Heidi like I think I do- you are so freaking in love. Aw-cute! :) love your guts girl.

Stacy said...

I'm dying, I'm dying, I'm dying! Oh...SO CUTE!!! I love you guys!!!