26 September, 2010

"We are 30!!!!

Kelsey in particular has been using this saying ever since we hit about 27. Some high school gossip floats our way or some catty thing played out in one of our social circles and the catching phrase comes up in disbelief that whatever is happening is happening..."What? she did WHAT? He said WHAT? Good one....WE are 30!!!" Even though we weren't 30 yet, we have been saying for a good few years now.

I usually feel like I am still in my early twenties. Now that I am approaching 30 however, I have felt more and more like 30 and have actually been embracing it! Well, for the most part I guess. We'll see how I feel as this next month approaches and the calendar clicks on to OCT 29th.
Here was my 30 year old moment I had this past week.

Conversation with Rosie:

Me: "After Alana, Miche, Kelly and I got back from Hawaii we wore HALTER TOPS every day to school! Can you believe that!?"

Rosie: "Um, yea. I'm sure you did."

Me: "But I can't believe we did that! Halter tops are just so TRASHY!!"

Rosie: "Haahhaa ha! You are SO 30!!!"

Becca later tried to argue this comment I made by saying "Whatever! Halter tops are hot!" Hhmm...can be true. It's just there are not tons of us that look great wearing them ;) Ah! I didn't even have time to think about what was coming out of my mouth. I just said it. I guess I'm growing up. Hey, I bought my first one piece swim suit this year since I was about 14...and I actually love it!

Same conversation with Rosie ( I was driving.)

Me: "Ok, I am almost to your house. Ahhhh...what the?"

(some one just totally cruised through a small intersection when I was trying to pass through and I had to swerve )
Rosie: "Whoa, what happened?"

I looked to see who the heck it was.

Me: "Oh some TEENAGER in a big Range Rover almost just hit me! Ugh!"

Rosie: "You are SO 30!!"


I am sure that most of you have had some 30 year old moments. Especially you with kids and houses and careers and educations and trials and dreams come true and dreams unfulfilled.
Really 30 is relatively young but I am sure most of us could agree with this next statement that my mom shared with me yesterday.

She walked into a class and the teacher walked in and said

"I am sure that most of you are living a life now that you never expected you would be living at this point in your life when you imagined your life when you were younger."

It's interesting what life throws your way and what you make of it.

As President Hinckley said about life

"The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride

7 comments:

Kelsey said...

30 is hot! 30's are the best years of our lives. That's awesome about the halters. I was just thinking that when I saw some chick's mini-mini shorts :)
You, my hottie 30 to be, could still ROCK the halter.
Can't wait to see you tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

I bought my first tankini last year and it felt pretty good. Steve and I are so 32- can you believe it. I've embraced 30- I just with my body did- so far the baby weight isn't coming off quite as easily as it did with Bella. Oh well...

ROSIE said...

WE ARE SO 30!!!! AND WE ARE HOT!!! AND WE LOOK GREAT IN MODEST CLOTHING :)
But lets still pretend to be in Jr. high when we watch 90 tonight. OK!

alana said...

HaHa! Oh BOY... Yes, 30's are gonna be the BEST, I can just feel it! We will continue to DO THE WORK, and hope for the best :)

MediocreMama said...

Alana keeps me posted on you...I'm always asking, "How's Heidi?!" I honestly think 30s will be better than 20s because we have a better sense of who we are and what we want. I think what messes us up is where we THOUGHT we would be by now like your blog said. That is so irrelevant...like we know best anyways!

And p.s. I saw your one piece -- was it from Victoria's Secret? I bought the same one this summer and don't feel dorky wearing it. I love it! I think you look awesome, I think you are on the right track and I also think you girls need to come stay at my house in Vegas soon. Dead serious. Thanks for taking care of Lane for me. :)

Unknown said...

WOW 30...is that for real?!?! I still feel like I'm 18. I LOVE this post cuz I definately have 30 year old moments all too often! SOOOOO dinner ASAP?!?! YES PLEASE!!! Hope your doing well xoxo!!

Miche said...

Halter tops? Whatever I never bought a halter top! no the worst was when we were back in Logan and we went out clubbing and I had enough halter tops to loan to everyone! :) ha ha. I have the picture somewhere. Too funny!
Yes, I agree that 30 seems "old" but that life is good and well let's just say I'm over the days of going clubbing in Logan for example. :) ha ha. But let's not underestimate the fun nights at Davis 201. Remember Kelly on the karaoke? "You say....I only hear what I want to..." Okay I need to call you I miss you. Beijos.