10 November, 2010

I survived..

My 30th birthday! My face just might display a little of how I was feeling about turning 30. A little uneasy and unsure about the whole thing! Maybe it was the big 3 0 on top of the cake that got me a little panicked! The birthday celebrations were fantastic and being 30 so far has been empowering in a sense. I think hey, I am not a little girl anymore (despite my little kid voices that will live on forever). I am a woman! This is GO TIME. It's actually motivated me to be more on the ball and goal oriented in the different areas in my life that are important to me. I love that movie that came out with Jennifer Gardner as a kid in the 80's (13 going on 30) and she wants to be 30 so bad and she keeps saying "Thirty, flirty and thriving!" That is this year for us 30 year olds!



It was a grand old time when Rob MADE me this heart shaped birthday cake and shared it with our waiters. You KNOW he did!!!
Family dinner at Carvers. Best steak I've ever had!!!
It wasn't big enough though. ha ha. Yea right. Whoa! Look that big slab of meat.
Alana, Beccs and I relaxed all day and got facials and massages and frozen yogurt. All that a girl could ask for in a perfect day! Later we had a friends dinner at Frida Bistro. It is such a cute and yummy restaurant down town.
Two best friends!
Brandon and I actually had our first date at this restaurant. It was here where he told me a bit of his conversion story, about him being from Florida etc. It's funny because this place is like on 8th west and 7th south surrounded by all these dark buildings. When we pulled up Brandon said "Well, just when you are scared you know you are here!"
The waitress said to Lindy "Oh cute. I love it. An 80's punk rocker." She was kinda bugged and said back to me "Uh, I am not an 80's punk rocker!" I just kept my mouth shut after that because that's what I thought she had dressed up as too! Hhhmmm....
Loved the atmosphere and the company.
Best roomies and best friends!
After a few of us went up to Ace's for a cupcake tasting of sorts. Alana ordered these mystery cupcakes which some had lemon frosting, coconut, vanilla, etc. It was all a gamble on what you got and quite fun to taste a little of them all!
Brandon just LOVES that he is 6 months younger than me!

Thank you for all of the wonderful birthday wishes and memories! I really feel so loved and blessed with amazing friends and family. I love you all!

8 comments:

Schrievers in a Nutshell said...

Happy Birthday!! I am terrified and really questioning if this could really be happening soon. Your post made me feel better about it, and hopefully I will feel the same.

Kelsey said...

saddle up! Sorry I sent the pix late. I love you and hope you had the best bday ever :)

ROSIE said...

I better not see you wearing any halter tops! Love You!

alana said...

Oh Boy - what a fun birthday! You have so many people that love and care about you to the max! I loved your birthday & i love this post! 30's are gonna be the best ever!!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday CUTE GIRL! It looks like you had an AWESOME day! XOXO!!

Stacy said...

You are SOOOOOOO beautiful! What a hottie on your big 30.

You have so many friends and family that adore you! What a fantastic girl you are. I think you are incredible, and I'm so grateful for your friendship! Happy Birthday. See you Saturday:) (that's when the real birthday fun will begin)

Miche said...

So fun! Glad you had so much fun celebrating! :) Miss you!

Bullard Family said...

30!!! Where did the time go?? You know the next 30 are going to be just as tight and you better believe I'll be wishing you a happy 60!! LOVE YOU FOREVER!