17 November, 2010

Saddle up!


"Saddle up!" is what Kelsey said to me as I walked into Texas Roadhouse for my BFF birthday dinner.

I replied "What?"

Kelsey "Oh nothing."

In the middle of our dinner the waiters proceeded to bring out a big saddle and called me up to go sit on it. She asked me "How old do you want to be tonight?"
I replied "Uh...21!"

Roadhouse waitress "Heidi is saddling up and celebrating her 21st birthday tonight."

I smiled and got on the thing. However, her kindness didn't stop us from listening to some other guy down the way announce it was his 25th birthday and our whole table was like "Oh riiight! Oh suuure! Like he is 25!" Come on us, give him a break ;)
The other night a few of us were talking about blogs and reading blogs and we read one of Alana's best friend's blog. Her honesty about the goods, bads, funny things, messy things in her life was quite refreshing. She encouraged us all to be more real.

So I'll go ahead and tell you the funny AND real thing about this night. See those glasses on my head? They were magic to me that night. It was just a rough day. We all have them. Every time I would start crying I would pull the glasses down over my eyes. Then I'd feel better. Glasses went back up on my head. Sad. Back down again. My friends then noticed that the glasses pulling down randomly coincided with whenever the server would come to our table. I'm sure she was thinking "What is going on with this girl who thinks she is nothing but Hollywood and HAS to wear her glasses inside."

Kelsey text me the other day "How's it going today? Glasses on? Glasses off? Glasses on? Glasses off?

Thank you. That made my day :)

I'll keep workin' on keeping those glasses off!

4 comments:

Kelsey said...

I love you so much!!!! Glasses on...glasses off :) I need some glasses. That was sooo funny. Our waitress was like....??
Let's saddle up again soon! Nooner.

alana said...

Magic Glasses are the best - we all need em from time to time. Love you!

Stacy said...

21 for life:) You don't look a day over 19. You are one sweet girl.

Thanks for the new wardrobe!!! Loving it!

MediocreMama said...

Love this post.