08 February, 2011

Black eye beauty

Look what I have been sporting the last few days.
(the night it happened...much worse now)
Conversation of the day:

Grammy: "Do you have a black eye?"

Me: Yes

Grams: Concerned she grabs my hand "Leave him."


That made me laugh. Apparently people's first instincts are to associate black eyes with domestic abuse because I have gotten many similar half joking remarks.


My 2 black eyes to this day have been from a wave runner and now a snowboarding accident. Who else has a black eye story of their own? Come on, I want to hear it!


6 comments:

Kelsey said...

sunglasses on McDonald style :)
You still look HOT! Even at 90 you will be hot.
LOVE YOU

alana said...

haha - those comments are way funny! Really LIVING your life, that's always what I admire about you... so what if there are a few black eyes along the way :).

Christie said...

I got a black eye once from some guy I was country dancing with. I worked at Chili's at the time and so many people would dead seriously ask me if my husband did it. Yeah, I'm really going to tell you weirdos my home life.

Now we're even deeper big-red-dog-black-eye-sisters.

Bullard Family said...

Still so hot....you know it! Go Heids, love it that you are getting black eyes at 30..you seriously rock!

MediocreMama said...

One time there was this totally normal girl on The Bachelor named Michelle who just woke up one morning with a black eye. OMG I couldn't believe it because she doesn't seem like the kind of psycho who would give herself a black eye in the middle of the night just to get Brad's attention.

No way.

Heidi Ann said...

Oh you know it! Thanks guys ;) Christie I am dying at you. "Like I would tell you weirdos my home life!" Country dancing classic Matty style. ....Holly, I know. She is the most normal one on there. The rest of those crazy girls must have beaten her up in her sleep for sure. So helpless and innocent.