16 February, 2011

I'll go with it




















Oh it was a blizzard out there tonight. That is not news to anyone. I'll tell you what is news though....FREE movie and popcorn AND drinks.





Conversation driving over in the snow:

Vicki Tracy: "Uh, is this really a good idea?"

Me: "Oh it'll be a good idea alright! We'll love the movie."

As we arrived at the window to buy our tickets the lady asked us if we had cash. Interestingly enough, their credit card system was down. Like we carry cash with us on snowy nights. If ever. I said "Can we go in anyways?" She printed our tickets and we were in! "It's not your fault our system is down." You are right sister.

Popcorn and drinks? I'm sure you can guess the rest of the story.

Happy as larks we sat down to watch the movie and .....it was stupendous! I highly recommend it. We were laughing and giggling and dying at Jen Aniston's hair and 'sneaky hot body' (funny line from the movie) the whole time.
I wanted to jot this down tonight because I've been reading this book that talks about recognizing small miracles in our lives, showing gratitude and happiness that things are 'just working out for you'. Ok ok I know you may be laughing because this was just a free movie, but that is the point. Many times we discount the small sweet things that go well for us and chalk them up to coincidence.
If we recognize and are grateful for small touches of happiness that we get and we look forward to them, they will come to us more easily. I'll keep trying this theory on for size! So far so good. Whew.

7 comments:

alana said...

Oh it was a blizz fest alright! We'll take the free movie and popcorn any day and run with it! Glad you had a great night.

ROSIE said...

That popcorn looks sooo good right now! Especially since it was free!

Kelsey said...

boo yah! Can't wait to see that move :)

Karlee Christiansen said...

Pretty sure you should take me mext time you go see my Jen.

Vicki with an "i" said...

I liked how the snack bar kid said, "well we have free popcorn for the elderly on Thursday nights."
Yeah, we're not elderly and it's Wednesday, but we'll do the honors of snagging up some diet dp and popcorn for zero bones. We spend enought time with the elderly, and we talk like them so why not give us the free goodies!

Matt and Melody Odell said...

Blizzard and free movie!!! That is such a dream. Everytime I read your blog I miss you so much. Thanks for always brightening my day your such a sunny person.

Unknown said...

Ummmm....I pretty much love you! Cutest girl ever!