28 November, 2008

The temple in Hamelton

The temple is so beautiful and out in the middle of the country. Wow, once we got out of Auckland, it is just miles and miles of green country land. So amazing and like nothing you've ever seen.


My mom found her uncle in the temple video who helped build the temple in the 1950's. He was a bricklayer and he and his wife lived here for a few years to help build the temple.


.
I heard some people speaking Spanish so i went to talk to them and found out that they were from Chile! It was so fun. The missionary that was talking to them was so excited so I interpreted for her. They were so fun to talk to and loved the temple. In the end they agreed to have the missionaries in Chile!






Look at what surrounds the temple. Tons of green and country side. There are cows everywhere.
Well, we are off to the beach now so ill have to finish up later! Hope everyone had a happy thanksgiving! I'll miss seeing the Christmas lights at temple square tonight....but it's ok cause I'm loving the warm weather here and I just bought a pair of rollerblades for 1$ this morning at a garage sale while biking with my dad. Yahoo!

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

I'm glad you are having fun...but I miss you like crazy :(
Maybe when you get back we can have a mini egg/sprite party in my closet:)

Angela said...

Very cool on the missionary moment. Tell Nancy that is a cool story about the Uncle- I will show the kids!

Stacy said...

I loved your missionary experience! The temple is so beautiful.