25 November, 2008

We made it to New Zealand!!

After a 20 hour flight we are here in New Zealand. Rob and I left on sunday and at 3:15 pm and got to Auckland, NZ at 5:00 AM Tuesday morning (you pass the international date line). New Zealand is the FIRST country to see the light of the new day. Hopefully I won’t die over here or I would have been cheated out of a day :) It was so fun to see my mom and dad after a few months! Lookin great....long flight people.

This is a great view of Auckland, NZ. This is where we flew into. It is the biggest city in NZ. My parents live about 4 hours from here so we’ll be staying here a day and then staying in different cities along the way making our way back to their home in Ohope beach. This is a crater from a volcano.





Everything is so green...



We went up to this tall sky tower then later that afternoon we went on this ferry around the bay. What a pretty sight to see all the ships and and the land from a far.






The tour guide mentioned that people bungee jump off this bridge. I thought that would be really fun but it was closed for the day:( She mentioned that if you go NAKED it is FREE. You know Rob was all over that “All right! I’ll do the honors of bungee jumping naked. Then we can put it on utube and make millions!!" Because everyone wants to see Rob naked right?

There is a definite plus for going on a trip with Rob. We always have stories and good humor. Here are a few great moments of Robisms already:

#1
Situation: We see a man at the airport with a pink turban on his head.

Rob: “Hey Heid look! It’s the gay taliban!”

Me: “Rob, you can’t say that! You have to be quiet.”

Rob: “Heid, they should make those guys shave their beards. Any one of them could be Osama. They could be hiding a bomb in their beard!”

Me: Laughing and hiding from the ‘gay taliban’ :)


#2 Everytime we talk to a person from another country or with an accent Rob thinks he has to talk back to them in an Asian accent.

Rob to waitress: “Oh what you like food..for you..number one on you menu?”

Waitress: “Um you could get the chicken sandwich”

Rob to another server: “You need to read the kick ace Book of Mormon. It’s a heck of a book. Good for you. Change you life.”



Everyone is a total GYPSY down here. Look how everyone crosses the road. You don’t have to obey any lines or anything, you just cross or kris cross or whatever to get there. Tons of people gypsy barefoot around. No shoes no problem. Good times:)
More updates to come...

6 comments:

Kelsey said...

I am peeing! Looks like you are having fun. Thanks for the laughs: ) I love you!

Kelly said...

Heid's looks so fun and beautiful. I am laughing so hard at your stories. When are you coming back to MA?

Vicki with an "i" said...

I wanna make millions on You Tube!

Unknown said...

Doog! You make me pee! I love your Robisms- I can picture him saying those things perfectly! :)

I'm sooo jeal that you are in NZ! Check out the glow worm caves. I think they are like an hr or two outside of Auckland. So cool!
Love you!

Angela said...

Love that your blogging up the trip- Keep it going! Looks like so much fun down there! We want to come:)

Stacy said...

Oh my goodness:) I love Rob/vacation stories. One of my favorites to this day is when he invited himself to breakfast with the family out playing tennis while you guys were on vaca. I think you guys were still asleep or something. I love you Ro! I will never look at a pink turbin the same;)

I can't believe how beautiful it is there! Take tons of pictures. Love you Heids! Be safe. Tell Mo & Dennis we miss them!