26 October, 2009

Creative person?

So Becca interviewed me this week for a paper she is writing for her college class (her last semester..good job Beccs!) Well, the assignment was to interview and write a paper on a CREATIVE PERSON.  Wow, I was really honored that she chose me!  

When she was asking me about how I am CREATIVE in my daily life, I started telling her about how I am creative with my patients and write songs for them and I try to create a place for them to relax and get away from their illness etc.  I also told her how I am creative with my students in helping them. 

PICTURE:  One of my favorite patients and I.  He was a soldier in HITLER'S ARMY.  He has so many neat stories that I love to listen to.  His face and hands froze off in Russia and he was a prisoner of war.  I'll have to do a separate blog about him another day.  Everytime I call him and tell him I'm coming over he says "Heidi!!  Let's make a music!" (face blurred for HIPPA reasons)

Anyways, Beccs kinda stopped me after I answered a few of her questions and said "Well, what other areas are you creative in?"
I didn't know what she ment?
She said "I was actually thinking about alot of other things than your jobs.  Those were the last on my list.  I was thinking of you decorating your condo, your BLOG, your photography, your aerobics class, cooking, etc

Me sewing my curtains for the condo.  I've done a full redecoration of the place.  (I'll do a separate blog to show the final touches)

Anyways, I didn't even consider myself as a WAY creative person, but isn't it interesting how when people think something about you, you yourself become more that way? 
Here's a quote I gathered on my mission that I love:
"If you treat an individual as he is, he will stay as he is.  But if you treat him as he were what he COULD BE, and OUGHT to be, he will become what he ought to be."
-Goethe

So this is basically my commitment to keep trying to be creative.  I do think that blogging is a creative outlet and a great journal. Angela, my sister-in-law, is quiet the example in this.  She blogs everyday and says she feels her writing has improved.  So, this is my new commitment to keep up better on my BLOG :)  

This is how we were somewhat creative tonight.  Beccs and I went to our ward FHE celebrity costume contest party as....


We had so much fun!  There were actually some pretty creative costumes!

                                     Miley, SNOOP DOG  and Hannah Montana!

This guy kept trying to make us guess who he was by making faces and strange noises over and over.  I finally guessed "Mr. Bean!"  He was like "what?  NO, I am Jim Carey"  I still think he is Mr. Bean. ha ha


                                                  Hannah, David Beckham, Miley
Ha ha



Thanks Beccs for such a fun night!  It was full of creativity!  I hope you get a big fat A+ on your paper :)  Becca is always someone who motivates me to be a better person and better friend.  

6 comments:

Alana said...

I love it! You are definitely creative! I also love that quote from the mish. Here's to more creativity!

Alana said...

I love the costumes too!

Hillary said...

You are so creative- I can't wait to see the apartment redo- Glad you are blogging more.... I think this is the first time I have ever logged on to find that I am two entries of reading behind! Way to go

Angela said...

Ooops that was me - Angela...and PS way to keep the HIPPA rules

Stacy said...

Best birthday ever!!! First of all, I love the Cheesecake Factory. Good choice! Secondly, why doesn't everyone buy me a massage on their birthday!? Who are you? REALLY! That was rediculous...but I'll take it. I owe you for life!!!

Phil and Jill Porter said...

Hilarious!!!! I love the miley/hanna costume! I also like the mission quote too! You are the best!