05 December, 2009

Good one

So who wants to wake up saturday morning to NO CAR?  That's right, my car was towed last night.  Good one.  Let me just tell you that I have the WORST parking situation here at my condo.  There are only 4  GUEST PARKING stalls and you can only park for 2 hours then guess what...yep, your car gets towed.  Oh real smart people.  I want to know who designed this place.

The reason why I didn't park in my space is that I had borrowed a truck to move some things and left my opener in my car.  I was SO TIRED and a little SICK and just worn down from the week that I decided to just park out front and vowed that I would move it before 2 hours was up to avoid the towing consequences.  
Well, I clunked out without realizing it and woke up at 3 am in a panic, ran outside to find my car gone.  Good one.  So I politely waited till 9 am to call the towing company. 

Me:  "So my car got towed.  Where can I come pick it up?"

Mean man:  "You can make an appointment after 3 pm."

Me: "What?  I need it like right now.  I have to play the harp this afternoon at a Christmas party, I need to move things all morning etc."

Mean man:  "Sorry"

Me:  Crying

1/2 way Mean man:  "Fine I'll do noon. AND THAT'S THE BEST YOUR GOING TO GET!!"  

Me:  "Ok, where is it?"

Mean man again:  "I'LL TELL YOU AT NOON!!" ....dial tone

Good one!  People can be so mean sometimes!  I've been listening to this seminar on CD called "Becoming Spiritually centered".  The presenter says that all these things that 'bug' us are just 'incitements'  in our lives.  They are designed specifically for our spiritual growth.  So when we get an incitement (like my car being towed, someone cutting you off, someone yelling at you, something annoying you), it is just to see if you'll handle it in the spiritual dimension or temporal dimension.  
I'm still trying to figure it all out.  I don't know if blogging about it is handling it spiritually or temporally :)....but I'm actually feeling better already.  

So since the '1/2 mean man' said I can come get it at noon, I will make it to my harp gig.  It's been a crazy week since returning home.  I have been booked out to play every night at Christmas parties and weddings.  It's interesting that Christmas is my busiest time for playing out.  You would think summer would be with all the weddings.  Anyways, I am very grateful!  Now I can pay off some of the trip :)

Last night was my first night off of playing for something.  So, Becca invited me as her 'date' to her work Christmas party.  They had the best chicken Cordon blue EVER!!  I love me some good chicken cordon!  It's funny because her work is probably starting to wonder since she invited me last year to the Christmas party as well!  :)  Ok, off to get things done for the day!  MERRY CHRISTMAS ....TIS THE SEASON!

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

that bites! But I'm glad to know you drive the Cabriolet we always wanted :) ha ha
I'm sure you can talk your way outta paying!!!
You and Beccs make a great couple :)
LOVE YOU

Vicki with an "i" said...

I'm sorry you got towed. What a mess, that happened to me. I hated life that night. They should put a code pad up by your gate so that you could just punch in a number to get in.