21 January, 2010

"It's fine"

A couple of jumps...


A few big vertical incline climbs.  It's fine right?   If you know me you know I have the saying of "It's fine" and I use it in almost every little bind that we are in.  For the most part I really believe this.  Sure there are ups and downs and big trials and what not but everything will turn out ok and just fine in the end....the way that it's supposed to.  Right?     

When we went to Hawaii this past summer we wanted to stop and go on this hike but all of our luggage was in the back of the car.

Bart said "Um, we should probably go and take the luggage out of the car first.  I hear the crime is really high here in Hawaii"

Me:  Quiet

We were debating what to do for a little while and then...

Rosie said "Ok, we are taking the luggage back.  Heidi is just sitting there and she is NOT saying 'It's fine'".  She says that for everything and so in this case, it must really not be fine."

Smart move.  When i lived in Hawaii my car got broken into 4 different times that I can remember right now.  Don't worry, I got smarter and didn't really have anything in it in the end, but they would still brake in and try!
Well, this past weekend we got to go snowmobiling up the canyons and stay at a fun cabin.

We had a blast until the guy I was riding with (I was riding on the snowmobile in FRONT of him like a little kid) decided to FLY OFF A CLIFF and we landed nose dive into the mountain.
And then it was NOT FINE!!!  I was pretty shaken up.  I had a helmet on so that was good but I was screaming for my life.  

Final diagnosis:
thought I broke my pelvis
bruised knee and wrist
cracked open chin (which now it is official, I broke part of my chin bone off)  My dad the doc checked it tonight.  GOOOOD ONE!  Sometimes it's not fine.  I'm just grateful it's not worse!  Could've been a lot worse!  

Beccs was nice enough to play nurse and get me cleaned up.

THANKS BECCS!
Everything turned out all right and I am feeling alot better now.
Time to coz in the cabin.
And make a pyramid! Of COURSE we made a pyramid :)

Had a great time with people that I love.
It's always nice when someone can carry you to the car with one arm like it's no big!
One of my FAVORITE friends from Hawaii...Ace!  

Thanks for the invite.  I am for sure using the "It's fine" line less frequently these days!

8 comments:

The Crew said...

Heids! Your right it is NOT FINE! You need to be careful. good thing for the helmet!! Those Hawaii pics make me want to be there right NOW!!!!!

The Crew said...

Sorry, on Bart's moms computer, It's Rosie, not The Crew

Unknown said...

HEIDI! It was SOOOO great to see you on Friday! So here I am NOT blog stalking and actually leaving a comment! And I am seriously rolling at your post! Your are so awesome :) Can't wait to hang on Tuesday for the date...I fully expect you to be wearing a tub top with a shade shirt underneath...bahahaha!

Kelsey said...

I sooo miss Hawaii!!!!
LIke Stace said, on your tombstone:

"IT'S FINE!"

No more mobiling for you!

Anonymous said...

Oh that looks like it really hurt. I hate falling in snow- nothing is worst then falling and falling in COLD snow. I'm glad you are feeling better.

Adam & Ash Dayton said...

Hey Heidi! It was so good to see you the other night! I'm so sorry about your chin that SUCKS!!! Now I am going to add ya so I'm not a stalker like Randi anymore! Ha Ha

Phil and Jill Porter said...

Honey! Are you ok? I can't believe you didn't tell me! I love you, let's all move to Hawaii!

Kelly said...

I am so glad you are ok! I hope you dumped the guy that drove you into a mountain. Lets plan lunch again with everyone, we need to catch up!